I am a big moccasin fan and it just doesn’t get any cuter than itty bitty baby moccasins. I made the moccasins (along with this double-sided blanket) for a friend who’s baby is due in April. Below are the step to recreate. Enjoy!
Couple strips of leather (real or faux)
Thick quilting thread
Medium sewing needle
Large sewing needle
- Download and print pattern here
- Cut out pattern
- Lay pattern on top of bottom side of leather and draw around each (x2)
- Cut out all 4 pieces of leather
- Pin together as indicated in pic below
- Using medium sewing needle, sew around edge of each moccasin with thick quilting thread
- Make one large stitch about one inch above the toe to secure
- To make fringe, cut two pieces long enough to wrap around each shoe and attach in the front. Make small cuts to create fringe.
- Thread large sewing needle with suede cord to adhere fringe and tie in the front