E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
OBJECTIVE: To obtain a fulfilling career in technology, IT, project management, web or other closely related field.
EDUCATION: Graduated in 2002 with a B.B.A. in Business Administration with a major in management from Delta State University. Graduated with a 3.7 GPA and with honors.
CAREER SUMMARY: As the Director of Technology Services, I proactively oversee optimal web/internet services, hardware/network/telecomm/video-communications services, and CRM/database administration and management across two organizations.
July 2008 – Present Director of Technology Services, Cross
- Provide leadership and direction to a technical staff of approximately 5 team members.
- Identifies emerging and innovative technologies that provide relevant opportunities to advance the ministry; particularly through online capabilities.
- Leads cross-functional teams in the identification and implementation of new systems as prioritized by the technology committee (provides internal project management role).
- Responsible for web platform, infrastructure, and site development activities.
- Responsible for the identification and implementation of ecommerce capabilities.
- Oversees hardware/network/telecomm/video-communications department and activities.
- Oversees CRM/donor database administration and is responsible for Avectra system; including prioritizing issues, upgrades, enhancements, and opportunities to maximize the tool for ministry service.
- Primary liaison managing various technology consultants and vendors.
- Establishes short-term and long range goals and measures for web, IT, and CRM functions within the ministries.
- Develops and manages to an annual technology budget.
- Chairperson of the ministry wide Technology Committee; establishing meetings, developing agendas, and tracking committee priorities among other things.
March 2006 – July 2008 Senior Project Manager, eDiets.com
- Lead project management team as interim project management director
- Work together with cross-functional teams to compile final feature requirements and functional specifications for major projects.
- Responsible for writing/owning functional specifications.
- Responsible for driving the project through the product lifecycle
- Communicate project implementation options that affect cost, schedule, quality, and risk to stake holders, as well as offer recommendations based on these elements
- Schedule and facilitate project status meetings as needed (weekly, daily, etc.)
- Engage with resources located on-site and remotely to manage and drive projects in different phases
- Identify issues and risks requiring escalation when reporting project status.
- Proactively address conflict resolution.
- Closely monitor change requests and prevent unapproved requirement modifications that result in scope creep.
- Coordinates identification of and schedules project or logistics deliverables, milestones, and required tasks.
- Communicates plans, status, and issues to higher levels of management.
- Leads the effort in creative approaches to problem solving and quality deliverables supporting business needs.
November 1998 – March 2006 E-Marketing Supervisor, Viking Range Corp.
- Take the lead role in working with all areas of the company to drive each new web site from inception to completion by developing the project plan, defining functionality, developing use cases and assigning tasks accordingly.
- Key communicator between the programming team and each department within the company on project status.
- Manages many complex web development projects as well as maintenance on existing web sites.
- Responsible for all company web site development and current site administration, which includes the management of web site administrators.
- Set tasks and priorities for three web site administrators.
- Responsible for all maintenance and issues for nine company web sites, which includes B2B sites, B2C sites and an e-commerce site with the latest information. This includes html and graphic design work.
- Responsible for setting up all nine web sites in the Oracle iStore ERP system and processes for future web site maintenance.
- Responsible for B2B web site security access for all domestic and international distributorships.
- Responsible for setting up Oracle Sales Online and Oracle Marketing Online and processes for maintaining each.
- Responsible for setting up Oracle Configurator, which includes the setting up of 7500 sku’s and sku configurations for “build your own product” B2C functionality.
- Team member of the Oracle ERP, Oracle iStore and ATG platform implementation.
ADDITIONAL PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: Fluent in the following programs: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, MS Project, MS Project Server, Visio, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Dreamweaver, Webcart, Oracle iStore, Oracle Sales Online, Oracle Marketing Online, Oracle Applications, Oracle CRM, Oracle Configurator, Navision, Accrisoft non-profit web platform, iMovie, Adobe Flash.
Have a good working knowledge of HTML and an editing knowledge of CSS. Possess the creative ability to design and layout designs as it pertains to web sites, emails, etc. Have the ability to edit video for use on the web. Experience working on a daily basis in a business environment with social media outlets such as FaceBook, Twitter, YouTube, and Flickr. Possess the ability to create a customized blog through WordPress and host externally. Have a good working knowledge of Google Analytics.
REFERENCES: Excellent references available upon request.