I don’t know about you, but I get tired of juggling my laptop in hand back and forth from the office along with the ten other things that I tend to carry to and from work as well. Basically, I have a crap load of stuff to carry so I decided to make a cross body laptop bag to carry my most important commodity. Here are the materials and step by step instructions. Enjoy!
1 yard of canvas material
1 yard of standard material (for liner)
large sewing needle
- Measure 4 rectangle panels; 1 canvas and 1 standard material should be 6-8 inches longer than the other two (for the flap).
- Sew canvas on three sides.
- Sew liner material on three sides.
- Turn material on the correct sides and sew the liner into the canvas at the top edges.
- Fold together a 4-5 inch slender strip of material, sew together and then sew into the middle top of the flap to make a loop.
- Buckle belt and cut in half.
- Thread large sewing needle with quilting thread and sew belt on each side of the bag.
- Sew button on the front in the spot where the loop falls.