Do you have an old tee (or seven) in the bottom of the drawer that you don’t wear anymore? I certainly do. I saw this cute Anthropologie tee the other day (that is no longer for sale) and realized it would be pretty easy to make since it is simply a refashion or upcycle of an old t-shirt. The shirt only took about 30 minutest to make and I was able to make it with items I already had at home. Here are step-by-step instructions. Enjoy!
Old t-shirt (not too fitted)
1/4 of a yard of chiffon (or similar) material in a pattern of your choice
- Cut back of t-shirt including the side seams and up to where the armpits begin.
- Lay out your chiffon material with the piece you cut from the tee.
- Cut your chiffon about 1 1/2 times wider than the piece of cut t-shirt and about one inch longer.
- Pin the chiffon to the tee all the way around making a gathered stitch in the top middle portion on the chiffon material.
- Sew along all sides.
- Hem the bottom into either a straight edge or curved edge.