I like trying new things. I thought it would be fun to make an item using two very different materials. I decided to mix a crochet piece with denim. To make this bag you simply need crochet thread, a crochet needle (size G), a button and a strip of denim (I used an old pair of my sons jeans). Here are the simple steps below. Enjoy!
- Crochet the back panel – chain 60 then double crochet 12 rows.
- Crochet the front panel – chain 40 then double crochet 12 rows.
- Lay the front panel on top of the back panel and double crochet around two sides and bottom and turn right side out.
- Sew your denim strip closed then attach to each side of the purse sewing on by hand.
- Make the loop closure by crocheting a chain stitch to the center/top of the back panel.
- Hand sew button to the front panel